I tried the dlsym() path, but couldn't make it work for me. I always got back nil;
Maybe somebody else had more luck.

On Mar 9, 2008, at 5:59 PM, stephen joseph butler wrote:

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Tony Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you're on Leopard, there is a new backtrace(3) call.
If you're on Tiger, it's a little more complex...

       You can use the compiler function
               (long)__builtin_return_address(0)
       to find the address of your caller. Alas, there is no
__builtin_return_symbol()

Interesting. The manpage for backtrace mentions dladdr, which is
available on 10.4. Maybe you can use that instead of launching atos.
Particularly, I'm looking at the dli_sname member.