Hi Michael!

It seems to me that you should be able to follow the QuickStart for
building an InterfaceBuilder plug-in to create your custom NSView:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/IBPlugInGuide/Plug-inQuickStart/chapter_3_section_1.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40004323-CH9-SW1

I actually suggest reading through the whole document.  It's quite
comprehensive.

Varun