On Mar 18, 2008, at 10:15, Jack Repenning wrote:

I've been getting a sense of surprise over this, like it's not always working. Can anyone explain to me exactly when this synchronization happens? I feel it happens sometimes, and not others, and rather than be surprised I've gone back to reading the headers manually. Maybe if I understood the timing of this "stay in sync" thing, I wouldn't feel so timorous.

It happens at least as often as you activate the IB application (i.e. bring it frontmost), but probably oftener.

You can watch the synchronization happen -- change something in Xcode that affects the file that IB has open (e.g. a @interface) and you'll see the green synchronization indicator at the bottom of the IB window turn yellow. At some point, it will turn green again. (Though perhaps this may happen quickly enough on your Mac that you won't see it.)