Even though I have included six .lproj/Localizable.strings directories in my framework's Resources, -localizedStringForKey:value:table: always ignores my System Preferences or MiniGlot setting and returns results from the English. From reading the remarks of Douglas Davidson,

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2005/8/15/144364

I understand the problem is that Cocoa is getting its candidate localizations from my main bundle which has only English. Douglas proposes two solutions. I like the second solution better, but I don't get it.

This solution is to "use NSBundle methods to load resources in an arbitrary localization, and there is a mechanism (preferredLocalizationsFromArray:forPreferences:) to allow you to select the user's most preferred localization for any given bundle."

Huh? If I give this method an array of candidate localizations, it ^returns^ it back, pruned and reordered, showing its preferred localizations. (In my case, I get an array of one object, "English"). You see, this method is a getter. I need either a method to ^set^ these preferred localizations, or else a version of localizedStringForKey:value:table: that has a localization: argument. What am I missing?

Jerry