I'm having problems with what should be a simple NSTask invocation:

NSArray *args = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:
   @"-cf",
   [NSString stringWithFormat:@"\"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"", tarFilePath],
   [NSString stringWithFormat:@"\"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"", plistPath],
   nil];
tarTask = [NSTask launchedTaskWithLaunchPath:@"/usr/bin/tar" arguments:args];
[tarTask waitUntilExit];
int status = [tarTask terminationStatus];

After all that, status = 2.

I've tried making the arguments only 1 entry in the array, and the same thing; I've both quoting and not quoting the arguments, and the same thing; I've tried using a dash with the options and without, and the same thing--always status=2 (fatal error).

tarFilePath and plistPath are full paths, and valid ones at that.

I can take the contents of all that and do it on the command line and that works. What in the world am I missing here that is causing it to fail?