Ok. Thanks for the reply - this may sound stupid but I haven't dealt
with delegates much. If I make the window controller the delegate
would I just declare a method in that window controller's files as
below?

- (void)controlTextDidChange:(NSNotification)notification
{
runMyFunction();
}

Sorry if I seem stupid but as I say I don't use them much.

Thanks,

Phil