On May 5, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Robert Cerny wrote:
However I don't get correctly encoded data from NSXMLNodes

Well, what *do* you get? Show us the data and what you expected.

I get the data in us-ascii encoding. The accented characters are missing from output or changed to wrong letters

This is the third time it's been asked; show us the data.

You're not getting the data in ASCII since that would have omitted all accented characters.

You're most likely getting character mangling when text is in one encoding, yet you're treating it as if it had a different encoding.

Look at hex values in your debugger. Then, look up those values in various code page tables to see what character you should be getting. For example, you mention CP1250. Put that up side by side to other common pages (e.g. CP1252 or ISO_8859-1).