I made an error in my mail, it should have been - selectCellWithTag: (it was very late). But maybe you spotted that?

Assuming that's not it, there must be something else wrong, as this works for me. Is the outlet to the NSMatrix actually set? Is it pointing to the right object? Is the radio button group set to work in radio button mode? Do you receive actions from the matrix/radio button group? Is the matrix enabled?

I'm sure you've checked all these but it's gotta be something...

G.