On 18 May 2008, at 21:57, Charles Srstka wrote:

Thanks, that looks very useful. I only have one trepidation about it, which concerns this:

On May 18, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Jonathan Dann wrote:
- (NSArray *)rootNodes;
{
        return [[self arrangedObjects] childNodes];
}

Isn't -arrangedObjects one of those methods you're never supposed to call manually, only through bindings? At least, that seems to be the vibe I picked up while searching the list before posting my question. The docs say this:

Not any more, the documentation may not have been updated yet. The header for NSTreeController says differently as of 10.5. It's always good to check the docs and the comments in the header file. (control double click on the word NSTreeController in your code to get to the header). You often find the odd method that's not in the docs too. File a radar if you do for any of the classes you use.

Glad to be of service, feel free to ask more.

Jon