There's nothing that guarantees a Cocoa delegate will act for another object and that the represented object won't act how it wants as well. Sometimes a delegate method is just a notification something happened/happening without the delegate having any say on the matter or affect on the represented object's course of action on that matter. I'm just saying Cocoa delegates don't always act in dictionary form.

I know this discussion can go round and round, but I still think reading the english dictionary for delegates won't tell you the whole story on Cocoa delegates.