I have been trying to create a two-column NSTableView with a single
"spanned" column header.  The idea here is to allow a static set of
labels on the left-hand column, with values on the right-hand side.

For example, in ASCII art:

|   My single column header |
|    Label 1 | Value 1            |
|    Label 2 | Value 2            |
... etc. ...

I'm not sure how to do this.  I don't see any options in IB to merge
the two header elements into a single value.  Since the
NSTableHeaderView seems to span the entire range of area I wish to
draw, I can't adjust its bounds to accomplish what I want.

I also tried a few things such as:

1.  Make the second column's header Cell nil, in the hope that the
table view would just draw the first column cell.  But with a 'nil'
header cell for the second column I got a run-time crash:

NSTableColumn* secondCol = [infoTableView tableColumnWithIdentifier:
@"value_column"];
[secondCol setHeaderCell: nil];

2.  The NSCell doesn't seem to provide much control over the drawing
of the header information (there is no associated NSRect or other
dimensional information I could change).

Does anyone have any ideas for how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

-Brent