On 22.5.2008, at 11:15, Torsten Curdt wrote:

I've got a NSTextField (on a NSTabView). I open the window. I click the text field and enter some text. Now I click on a button next to it.

The value has still not been "committed" and it still has the cursor.

Then I click outside of the text field (just somewhere in the view) and still the NSTextField does not lose it's focus.

What's going on? I looked through options in IB3. What do I need to read up on?

cheers
--
Torsten

Hey Torsten,
it's the way how GUI works on OSX. Hitting button doesn't steal focus from text field, nor clicking in window. You can test this behaviour without any code, just inside IB.

1. Start IB
2. Choose Cocoa Window template
3. Drag text field and button into window
4. HIt -R to start Simulator

HTH