On 22 May 2008, at 1:43, Shawn Erickson wrote:

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Julius Guzy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I suggested some time back (A documetation suggestion 19 May 2008 13:31:30) but no one took me up on it, the idea of seeing if Apple would so to speak "donate" a copy of their documentation so it could be used as the basis for
a wiki.

I fear something like that since it will get out of date with Apple's
doc set and then lead to confusion and misinformation.

That is true unless steps are taken to integrate things in some way.

I think better solution would be for Apple to provide a wiki like way
for external parties to comment / expand on Apple's own documentation
pages (out-of-line as you suggest if I am reading you correctly).
Yes that would be the ideal I think, i.e. if they maintained control over the implementation etc.
Julius

http://juliuspaintings.co.uk