On 23.5.2008, at 0:32, Lorenzo wrote:

Hi,
I need to watch at a given folder and check whenever a new file has been copied therein. At the beginning, I fired a timer periodically getting the
list of the contents of that folder with

   directoryContentsAtPath

But soon I discovered that the list includes files still in copying (not yet
the whole file). So I switched to

   NewFNSubscriptionUPP
   FNSubscribe

Here I get the notification only "after" a file has been totally copied into the folder, but I can't yet find the way to know which file has been copied.
Do you know how to get that info? Thanks.

Best Regards
--
Lorenzo
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Not sure what are you trying to achieve but I had to solve similar problem (on server) and lauchnd was very helpful there. You can set it up to watch folder for changes...

Another option which came to my mind was UKQueue by Uli
<http://www.zathras.de/angelweb/sourcecode.htm>

HTH
Robert