Am 03.06.2008 um 02:26 schrieb Graham Cox:
I realised after I posted this that of course in this situation you don't *have* a receiving view which can manipulate the return value.

Well, one could always create four transparent overlay windows to catch the drag outside the view, but in this case it might be worth considering that one could just implement one's own dragging code. DnD is mainly an architecture for cross-application and cross-window dragging. If you need neither, it's not too difficult to do your own drawing during mouse tracking instead.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de