On 14/09/15 13:11, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:
Apple used to display the right color for iPod icons, why wouldn’t they do it too for new MacBook network icon. Especially as the three variants are present in the System icons. I’m pretty sure the color is coded somewhere in the machine.

Not necessarily. I mean, not hard coded; for example, they could easily use the webcam during the flipping open of the laptop to identify the anodization color and keep it in RAM all the time. You would have a harder time having your own code running at the right moment, but you could always ask the user to flip the screen down until you can see the trackpad.

You can test my theory, by inserting a picture of another anodization color over the trackpad before opening the MacBook, and see if the icon color changes.

--
__Pascal J. Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/