G'day All,

I have been lurking on this list for a while. It is interesting to be on the other side, I used to hang around answering questions on the kernel lists oh well, even kernel developers can become indie development occasionally ;-)

When I create a new NSPersistentDocument, I recognise it is new and ask the user a series of questions to configure the software. From the questions I ask I can get a pretty good guess at what the basename of the new document will be, I just don't want to guess what the directory will be.

So here is my issue. How do I suggest to the persistent document that it should default the filename to the one I suggest and not use 'untitled'. If I was using NSSavePanel directly I'd just tell it what I wanted but the NSDocument is trying to be helpful! Is this just a case of not trying to program around the libraries?

Thanks in advance,

Godfrey van der Linden