For a new application I’m building I need to have a view showing a grid-based
layout of files, similar to the default view of the Finder. I’m not sure how to
implement this. NSCollectionView appears to suffice, and I’ve used it before,
but it simply isn’t performant as it doesn’t reuse cells, and it doesn’t seem
like it’s designed for this kind of thing. On the other kind, NSBrowser seems
to be built for representing the file system, but based on example code I’ve
found on ADC it only seems suitable for building an interface out of Miller
columns, which isn’t suitable for me.

Is anyone aware of how to do something like this? I’m open to using 3rd-party
components and/or code if necessary.

Thanks and happy holidays,