On Jan 22, 2016, at 1:03 PM, Hunter Hillegas wrote:

> You can (we have done this) but using the public API (even with the iOS 7
> improvements to getting the screen), this doesn’t give you great FPS on
> anything but the latest hardware.

Ahhh, well, I remember like 2 years ago searching video feeds for people's
heads and loading a 720p video on an olden iPad, I was able to get about 20 -
24 FPS doing on the fly face detection using the iOS 7 libs and AVFoundation.
Even when using the two cameras, we were able to get a good enough frame rate.

Didn't bother trying to handle audio as well.

I think that's the case though.  What's "good enough" for the frame rate?

Sounds like something fun to try, assuming the OP has vast amounts of spare
time to try it out.