When I’ve previously dabbled a bit with iOS programming, it was with normal
UIView forms and controls.

Now I’m writing my first SpriteKit game, and I want to give users the ability
to select their own background music. Can I use “normal” UIViews to do that,
and have the standard media pickers?

I tried to do web research on mixing SpriteKit and UIKit, and the hits I found
were all about using UIKit objects on top of SpriteKit scenes. This isn’t
exactly what I want… I’m thinking of presenting a “menu” SpriteKit SKScene with
an SKSpriteNode button on it that says “Set Background Music,” and when the
user touches that node, I then switch to an entirely new screen for picking
media.

Can I do that, then transition back to my SKScene after the user selects a
song? How do I do that?

--

Charles