Jens, Thanks for the perspective here.

On Feb 5, 2016, at 7:32 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 5, 2016, at 5:02 AM, Sandor Szatmari <admin.szatmari....@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone had any success running Java applets in a WebView?
>
> FYI, Java applets are being deprecated and developers are urged to stop using
> them:

Keep in mind we are not developing or shipping applets.  We simply need to
support loading applets in an in house app while third parties continue to only
supply authorization and connectivity by means of applets.  I really wish we
didn't have to support this functionality.

> "With modern browser vendors working to restrict and reduce plugin support in
> their products, developers of applications that rely on the Java browser
> plugin need to consider alternative options such as migrating from Java
> Applets (which rely on a browser plugin) to the plugin-free Java Web Start
> technology.
> "Oracle plans to deprecate the Java browser plugin in JDK 9. This technology
> will be removed from the Oracle JDK and JRE in a future Java SE release."
>       —
> https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/moving_to_a_plugin_free
>
> —Jens

Do you have any ideas about what needs to be done to enable loading java
applets in a WebView?

Sandor