> On 14 May 2016, at 13:45, Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
> On May 13, 2016, at 10:21 AM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
>>
>> That’s actually what I am doing. I monitor
>> NSWorkspaceApplicationWllLaunchNotification,
>> NSWorkspaceApplicatioDidLaunchNotification  and
>> NSWorkspaceDidActivateApplicationNotification (as well as others). For each
>> notification I get I add the BundleID of the App to an Array. Then at some
>> later point, I want to cycle through the Activates and re-send them in the
>> same order they were activated originally.
>
> On May 13, 2016, at 4:46 AM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
>> I’m using:
>>
>> [myRunningApp activateWithOptions:(NSApplicationActivateAllWindows |
>> NSApplicationActivateIgnoringOtherApps)];
>>
>> To activate an Application.
>

> I don't know why you think you need to do this, but it's a terrible idea.
> I'd hunt such an app down and remove it the first time it did this.

You wouldn’t because you would’t be able to as you wouldn’t have permissions to
remove apps. This is an end-user app not a developer tool or whatever.

>  This is going to un-interleave the windows of different apps that I want
> interleaved.

I didn’t say I was doing it for *all* apps. This works on a group of apps that
are being used for a purpose.

> This is going to un-hide apps I want hidden.

It won’t because it only works on non-hidden apps and only certain apps.

>  It's going to flash windows all over

>  It's going to switch Spaces against my wishes, including to and from
> full-screen spaces.  There's a chance it's going to unminimize windows I want
> minimized.  It's certainly going to steal focus.  It's horrible all over.

It won’t steal focus, focus will go back to the app that had focus when the
process started.

Cheers
Dave