> On 16 May 2016, at 22:17, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> Dave, I’ve tried to do stuff similar to this with NSWorkspace, and found it
> to be often frustrating.  According to your initial post, you’ve already
> tried pretty hard.  If lengthening the time delay still does not work good
> enough for you, then,
>
> • If the apps that you want to cycle through are *your* apps, make them talk
> to one another using some proper interapplication communication.
>
> • If the apps that you want to cycle through are *others’* apps, then I agree
> with Ken that you should reconsider if you really “need” to do this.

They are not my Apps, and I have and I do! I’d have never opened this can of
worms if I didn’t have to!

I’m really surprised that there doesn’t seem to be a “Application Ready” type
notification. It struck me that this is a similar problem to AppleScript:

tell application “X”
        activate
end tell

I remember quite a while back that I had problems if I tried to send events to
the Application too soon after the activate statement, this was usually fixed
by adding a delay. These days it the above statements seem to work and I’m
wondering if some code has been added to stop this from happening, and, if so
if I could do something similar.

Cheers
Dave