In a non-document based app, I can get the undo manager from any view, which appears to be inherited from NSResponder. The docs for that say: "NSResponder’s implementation simply passes this message to the next responder." But NSApplication, which I think is the next responder, doesn't have a public -undoManager of its own, again only what it inherits from NSResponder.

So my question is: in a non-document app, does a view's undo manager come from the app? If not, where from? and finally, is there a way to set the undo manager to some subclass of my own (easy in a document- based app, not so obvious here).

tia,