> On 27 Sep 2016, at 7:26 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
> <felipemonteiro.carva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But to be sure I will test the same thing as you are testing, you are
> reading the text via NSTextView.string ?

Yes. I set up a very simple situation where the NSTextView’s delegate simply
logs the textView.string as I type. No line breaks unless I actually type one
(option-return).

Also, in your OP, you mention textContainer.string. There’s no such property.
You probably meant textStorage.string, but let’s make sure. I tried that also,
and it works exactly the same.

It would be pretty hard for the word-wrap done by the view to affect the raw
string, because it’s a major violation of model-controller-view principles. If
something else is adding those, it must be going well out of its way to do it.

—Graham