> I am still not sure if I am doing this the right way (extending NSTableView)
> because Xcode says "Subclassing NSTableView is usually not necessary”.
>
> Jan E.

Yes, it is usually not necessary and I would go so far as saying that you
shouldn’t. I normally create a new delegate class and override the recommended
NSTableView delegate methods. Subclassing has too many caveats that the normal
mortal has the tendency to get it wrong. And I’m assuming you are a “normal
mortal”. ;)

João