Notifications for iOS will show on whatever device you are using currently.  If
you’re not using one, it will show up on your watch.  If you’re using a iPad,
it’ll show up on your iPad.  If you’r using your phone - it’ll show up there.

There is no API that sends a Notification to a particular device per se.

I would just send a notification:  Local or remote.  The behavior should be
essentially the same.  Send the title and message in the notification.  You can
add in any actions you would like your user to be able to have.

Scott