Hoping this is something simple that is simply escaping me at the moment...

I a view-based table with two columns containing checkboxes.

The table has its content property bound to an array controller's arrangedObjects, with that array controller being tied to entities in Core Data.

The checkboxes are each bound to Table Cell View.objectValue.something (let's say one of them is bound to "a" and the other to "b"), where those are properties of the entity.

Left like that, everything was working.

However, I want one of the checkboxes to be disabled when the other one is checked.

To do this, I tried what I thought was obvious: I bound the Enabled property of the checkbox bound to "a" to Table Cell View.objectValue.b - since I already had data populated, on the surface, this seemed to work right upon launch - however:

Changing the checkbox bound to "b" does not change the enabled state of the one for "a", and does not seem to get saved (this is a NON-document-based application) - when I relaunch the application, the checkbox is back to where it was before I exited. I can create new rows in the table (new objects tied to the entity), and that works just fine, but checking the boxes does not have any permanent effect.

This is on Mac OS X 10.10.5.

What am I missing here?