Hi there-

I encountered the same issue some months ago, and posted my questions to this list. An Apple engineer did reply off-list that this was a known issue with garbage collection and that there was no known workaround at that time.

I was just playing with GC for fun and reverted back to "regular" memory management.

You might inquire of Apple DTS if things have changed at all; my incident was in the 10.5.0 days.

John

John Pannell
http://www.positivespinmedia.com