Does CATextLayer override preferredFrameSize to always return a size that
accomodates the text in it?

I'm adding a CATextLayer, say myTextLayer, to a parent layer which uses a
custom layout manager. In the custom layout manager's layoutSublayersOfLayer:
method, I'm setting the frame of the text layer so that it's width fits inside
the parent layer.

Calling myTextLayer.frame.size.width returns the width that was set by the
parent's layout manager. Calling myTextLayer.preferredFrameSize.width returns a
size that matches the size of the text.

- Kevin
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T