I'm trying to use the new custom views in NSMenuItem from within an NSPopUpButton. However, I would like these items to still be "selectable", that is, if the user lets go while hovering on top of one, I'd still like the NSPopUpButton to use it's index for the displayed item. I can't seem to find any way of telling the NSPopUpButton to select the said item if the user lets go of the mouse (or clicks), on the custom view. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Francisco