On Jul 13, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Jim Crafton wrote:
Thanks, that looks pretty much exactly what I'm after. The only
question I had was that this seems to be specific to the 10.5 Obj
runtime, is there a way to do this on 10.4 or even 10.3.9? Also is
this "safe", exchanging class methods like this seems pretty wild,
I've not seen something like this before in other languages.

What are you trying to do?

Trying to write Cocoa applications without using NIB files and other standard mechanisms is quite difficult and the need is exceedingly rare.

And, no, exchanging class methods is not a typical pattern to be employed when developing a Cocoa application. In particular, replacing or exchanging method implementations found in Apple frameworks is completely unsupported and will quite likely break in the future.

b.bum