On 19 Jul 2008, at 22:49, Andy Lee wrote:

On Jul 19, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Paul Sargent wrote:
This works fine the first time the view is populated, but when it's refreshed it just calls the second method with the pointers to the dictionaries I return first time round. Trouble is they've been autoreleased by now.

Maybe this is relevant:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/MemoryMgmt/Concepts/ObjectOwnership.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000043 > In Cocoa, references to table data sources, outline view items, notification observers, and delegates are all considered weak (for example, an NSTableView object does not retain its data source and the NSApplication object does not retain its delegate).

Thank for the pointer Andy.

I can see why all the other items are on that list, but why outline view items? ... and by extension should table view items be on that list too?