On Aug 2, 2008, at 14:19 , Jacob Bandes-Storch wrote:

I'm trying to use my application icon (icns) in a custom view to be draw in the background of a window, like Installer.app does. I can do all this just fine, but when I draw the image using - drawInRect:fromRect:operation:fraction:, it comes out at 128x128 instead of the full 512x512.

How do you mean "it comes out at"?

-size returns an NSSize of {128, 128},

If the size is 128x128, then it will draw at that size, the number of pixels is an implementation detail. If you want it to draw larger, you need to either increase the size, or scale by 4x before drawing.

Cheers,

Marcel