Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find a way to add a dictionary to the dictionary application in Tiger. In Leopard, it is easy to do as Xcode comes with tools to help create the needed files. However, I can't find anything similar for Tiger - the file / bundle formats are different.

I have an extensive collection of ADC membership CD / DVDs and I am wondering if anyone knows if Apple released a tool to help make the Tiger dictionaries at any point in the past - or if there is documentation on the file formats used (I found a somewhat complete XML format explanation online, but I specifically need the dictionary_1 format. The one that starts with com.apple.DictionaryAccessMethod.ForwardTrie etc etc)

Thanks for any help.

rob