Hello.

I tried making my own custom NSFormatter by following the guide, "Interface Builder Plug-In Programming Guide"

However, when I tried my NSFormatter subclass using the "Simulate Interface" menu item of the Interface Builder, it rasied :

An uncaught exception was raised
*** - [NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (JAStringFormatter)

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidUncarchiveOperationException', reason: '*** - [NSKeyedUnarchiver decodeObjectForKey:]: cannot decode object of class (JAStringFormatter)'

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Also, I would like to ask if "attributedStringForObjectValue:withDefaultAttributes:" is really requried to be overriden. The document says, "To subclass NSFormatter, you must, at the least, override the three primitive methods:".

Thank you in advance.