On 1 Oct 2008, at 00:43, Michael Robinson wrote:

On 1/10/2008, at 3:23 AM, Alastair Houghton wrote:

If you're rendering this in advance using Cocoa, why not use the - appendBezierPathWithArcFromPoint:toPoint:radius: method on NSBezierPath to construct a rounded path?

The code that outputs the divs is:

        int i;

        NSMutableString *cornerElements = [NSMutableString new];

        for(i = cornerSize; i > 0; i--){

[cornerElements appendString:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"<div style=\"font-size:0em;margin-left:%ipx;margin-right:%ipx;height: 1px;overflow:hidden;background-color:%@;\">&nbsp;</div>",[self getCornerStripWidth:i:[borderDDTL selectedTag]:sizeTL:cornerSize], [self getCornerStripWidth:i:[borderDDTR selectedTag]:sizeTR:cornerSize],[self hexColor:[portalBGColour color]]]];

        }

Ah, OK, I see what you're doing. I had assumed that you were doing the corners as bitmaps, but you're using the div method instead. The alternative would be to actually render the corners into a bitmap using Cocoa, then output (for instance) a div with its background set to the corner image.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net