On 2008 Sep, 30, at 10:58, I. Savant wrote:

The 'correct' approach depends entirely on the model.

Yes, I appreciated Amin's thoughts but didn't have much to add. An important step in modelling is to draw a potato around the part of the world that you're going to include. You have to make a judgment of whether or not you include some detail based on how much effort it will take vs. the probability that it might be involved in some way that you have not yet imagined.