Thanks!

On 15 Oct 2008, at 16:01, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

Le 15 oct. 08 à 16:49, Richard Dearlove a écrit :

Is there an easy way to decode the values from OSStatus. I have this #define that I copied from another project but it isnt really helping..

This gives me an error such as  Error: \316\377\377\377

#define checkStatus( err) \
if(err) {\
printf("Error: %s ->  %s: %d\n", (char *)&err,__FILE__, __LINE__);\
fflush(stdout);\
return err; \
}

cheers
RD

An OSStatus is not an OSType (FourCharCode).

OSStatus can be any value and does not generaly contains readable characters.

To get an idea about what an OSStatus represent, you can use thoses 2 functions (from CarbonCore):

const char* GetMacOSStatusErrorString(OSStatus err);
const char* GetMacOSStatusCommentString(OSStatus err);