On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Roland King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure I totally agree with step 0. I think there is value in
> understanding how your code is going to run, or is going to run most times,
> and picking constructs which are clearly efficient if it's really not more
> work to do so and it represents the data you're working with.

  Agreed. "The laptops! Won't somebody PLEASE think of the LAPTOPS!"

  Sure, our desktops are fast and the difference in 'extra work saved'
is usually imperceptible, but my laptop thanks you for your judicious
use of reasonably-optimized code. Mobile users need you to not waste
their battery power on pointless code execution.

  (... he says while running "Screensaver As Desktop" on his MBP ...)

--
I.S.