I have some view properties for which I'd like to use Core Animation to drive the animation.

In my old code, I used a subclass of NSAnimation which interpolated the target value and set the property on the view via KVO. This seems like a perfect use for CABasicAnimation and the animator proxy.

When using NSAnimation, if I needed to prematurely abort the animation, I could send -stopAnimation to my NSAnimation subclass. (I also had enough information at hand that it was trivial to fast forward the animated property to its target value if that was desirable.)

What mechanism do I have to

        - know that a property animation is in progress
        - abort it, if necessary
        - fast forward it to the target value after abort, if desired

- Jim