On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Adam Penny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My question is how do I do the checks for the if clause?

The documentation says that if the key doesn't exist, the function
returns NULL.  So then you just check to see if your servers variable
is null.  The documentation also mentions using CFGetTypeID to
determine if a CFPropertyListRef is an array or some other type.  And
NSMutableArray is toll-free bridged to CFMutableArrayRef.  So:

servers = CFPreferencesCopyAppValue( CFSTR("servers"), appID);
if(servers && CFGetTypeID(servers) == CFArrayGetTypeID())
{
  // woohoo!
}

--Kyle Sluder