This is pretty obscure, I think.

My app makes files which can be quite large. It also allows the user to distribute copies of those files to various locations. So, to test this I have tried creating and mounting a disk image which I tried making a copy to.

The problem is that it seems I cannot check the actual available space on that mounted disk image. What I get instead is the available space on the disk where the image lives.

I am using [[myFileManager fileSystemAttributesAtPath:mountedDiskImagePath]
                objectForKey:NSFileSystemFreeSize];

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the free space on a mounted disk image?