On Oct 30, 2008, at 08:39, Georg Seifert wrote:

once again a beginner question on coredata.

I want to display my data in a outlineview grouped one of the entities attributes.
my Data:
Elements (
        {"titel1", "name1"},
        {"titel1", "name2"},
        {"titel2", "name3"},
        {"titel2", "name4"},
        {"titel2", "name5"} )
the OutlineView should show:
titel1
        name1
        name2
titel2
        name3
        name4
        name5

Can I build it using fetched properties?

It's more an NSOutlineView question than a Core Data question.

For an outline view with bindings, you need a tree-structured hierarchy of individual objects, each of which (at least) implements the "children" method whose name you specify for the outline view in IB. If your titles and names are string attributes, that's not going to work.

You might be able to do it fairly easily using a data source for the outline view, instead of bindings, for the name/title column(s).

Or, create a hierarchy of stand-in objects and use bindings.

Or, redesign your Core Data model so that the parent/child relationships are explicit in the model.