I haven't done any porting from MS to Mac, but I have had an
excellent experience with porting model/view/controller code
to the current MacOS in which the controller and view were
platform-specific and the model was straight C++.  The application
ended up with a canonical MacOS/Cocoa/Objective-C controller
and view and the model in a separate thread.  Works well, but
I did have sense enough to set it up originally with that in
mind.

The "same" application also runs as a simple Unix shell
application -- I have one version that uses stdin/stdout for I/O
and another that uses ncurses -- with only a few changes in
what header files are included in the non-platform-specific
source files, to control what I/O gets used.  (Those changes
are implemented via compile-time flags.)

The original app was written for the very early Mac, with
OS number around 4 or 5, with the old Mac Toolbox code.
(Pre-Carbon -- should have been called "Helium" if anyone
had known ...)

But I have never been a Windows coder, so your mileage
may vary.

--  Jay Reynolds Freeman