On Nov 1, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Ashley Clark wrote:

On Nov 1, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:

On Nov 1, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Ashley Clark wrote:

Your crash is happening because you're releasing something you shouldn't be. The CGImage you're getting from the UIImage was not accessed through a Create* or Copy* function and therefore you are not responsible for it and have no need to call the CGImageRelease function.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. That is how the example I was following was written.

But I removed the line and it is still crashing on the same line of assembly code.

Do you think I need to use Create or Copy, alloc or something?

After looking at the example you were basing yours off of I see that in that example the image was being created by another function create_image(), in that case (depending on the function implementation, but probably) you would be responsible for releasing it. Here though, using the CGImage property of an UIImage, you're not.

I see.

What are the values of anim and images before you try to add them to the animator? In the code portion you posted you don't show where you're creating your "anim" object.

Yes, sorry, I realized that after I posted. I am creating anim before it is used with:

        CAKeyframeAnimation *anim;
        anim=[CAKeyframeAnimation animationWithKeyPath:@"contents"];

I have also tried:

        CAKeyframeAnimation *anim = [CAKeyframeAnimation animation];

And then setting the animationWithKeyPath property after it is created.

As well I don't see in my version of the SDK where UIAnimator is defined. If you're trying to use private API here, don't. Just set the duration on the anim object directly and add it to your CALayer. You can get the layer used by a view by sending the layer message to the view (NS or UI).

You mean directly by setting the properties like with:

        anim.duration = 3.0;
        anim.values = images;
        anim.calculationMode = @"discrete";
        anim.repeatCount = HUGE_VAL;

I have also tried that method.

I have tried adding it to the layer with:

        [[self layer] addAnimations:anim withDuration:1.5 start:YES];

Is that what you mean? Or could you please show me an example?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Programmer