Check out a code sample (using no code, just IB)...

http://idisk.mac.com/steven.riggs-Public?view=web

-Steve

On Nov 9, 2008, at 2:41 PM, Andre Masse wrote:

Thanks for your reply Steven,

I've tried that but no luck. I get the following error:

[<NSCFData 0x804a00> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key userName.

In interface builder, you will need an Array controller

done.

Mode: Class    Class Name:NSMutableDictionary

done.

Content Array bound to Shared User Defaults Controller - controller key:values - modal key path:yourDefaultsKey

done.

Make sure handles content as a compound value is checked here.

checked.

I think you need to archive and unarchive when you read and write each key in your dictionary.

The array controller model key path is an array of objects, so it don't need any value transformer, right?. Now, somehow somewhere it will need to unarchive a particular object to get at a member's value. This is where it bites, how can I set the key path for, let's say the userName, when this value is encoded somewhere inside the fully encoded NSData object?

Maybe I got this all wrong and need to use another data structure for saving in the user defaults database.The "magic" behind the bindings concept is still pretty confusing to me even after having read a lot both in books and on the net...

Thanks,

Andre Masse