On 21-Nov-08, at 1:15 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

On 21 Nov 2008, at 00:56, Scott Anguish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But almost daily I see some Apple engineer advising people to file bug reports, while they could as easily do it themselves - just by copy & past from Cocoa-Dev.
And I honestly don't understand why this is so.

Are Apple engineers not allowed to file bugs? Or is this part of a campain teaching developers to file bugs? Or what?

Of course we're allowed to file bugs. But we want to encourage developers to do it directly because the list isn't intended as an official support channel.

And a cocoa-dev email copy/paste may not disclose the complete issue the developer has, doesn't allow us to contact the developer for follow-up, doesn't provide them a means of adding to the bug if something more comes up, or allow the developer to be notified when the issue is resolved.