I'm writing something like a game engine using NSOpenGLView and am
getting some odd behaviors (I am new to Cocoa):

1. Clicking on the title bar of my application does not activate my
application, but clicking inside my window does. I can move the window
around on the screen, but unlike all the other applications I must
click inside the window to make it the main window.

2. The resize handle that's normally on the bottom right corner is not
shown, but it is apparently there because when I click in that area
and drag the window resizes. [window showsResizeIndicator] returns
true even though the indicator isn't shown.

3. The worst problem is that I'm not getting key events even though I
have defined these methods:

- (BOOL)acceptsFirstResponder
{
  return YES;
}

- (BOOL)becomeFirstResponder
{
  return YES;
}

- (BOOL)canBecomeKeyView
{
  return YES;
}

- (void)keyDown:(NSEvent*)theEvent
{

- (void)keyUp:(NSEvent*)theEvent
{

I am getting mouse events just fine, but when I click on a key, the
keypress goes to the previously selected application, or if there is
none, I just hear a "beep". I have printed out the status  [[self
window] isKeyWindow] on a mouseDown event and it is indeed true,
making this seem even more bizarre to me.

Note: I am not using nib files so "awakeFromNib" does not get called
in my application.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated!

Shayne Wissler