Namaste!

And so the fun ensues...

I'm working with the (slightly, deprecated in 10.5) older ICA (as the newer doesn't work).

I've brought over the code base from the SampleScanner application in the Carbon->ImageCapture->Examples folder and applied it to mine own form.

Before I attempted to integrate it fully into my app (meaning, actually call it from the form that needs to call it), the nib & controller files compiled just peachy (no errors, just deprecation warnings mostly).

So, I added it to my calling window (instantiated the class, #imported the header, and so on) and created a method a button could trigger.

Now, however, my application won't compile. It complains of syntax errors in the ICA form's header file:

Syntax error before ICAObject
Syntax error before ICARegisterEventNotificationPB
Syntax error before ICAScannerStartPB
Fatal error: method definition not in @implementation context

If I take the header import out of the .m file for the calling window, and comment out the calls to the ICA window, the app compiles fine and executes ('course, I can't load the ICA window :( ).

My ICA window is identical (with the exception of an icon image at this point) to the SampleScanner window. The .h & .m controller files are also identical (except for log, which I removed as I don't need/want that part).

Anyone got a clue on this?

I almost have this hooked in...sooooo close...

Thanks!

Peace, Love, and Light,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II